Libya Alhurra livestream, April 23
Live report from Libya Alhurra, April 23, discussing current news from Libya:
- Thousands of people have attended the friday prayer, speech about the problems of weapons in Benghazi, asking people to give them over or stop selling them.
- Yesterday, a small service was held for Tim Hetherington and Chris Hondros, shortly before midnight. A second ceremony occured this morning, as well as for the Ukrainian doctor who died in Misrata.
- John McCain stressed the importance of recognizing the National Transitory Council as sole legitimate government of Libya, pushing for the release of frozen assets and arming the freedom fighters.
- 8 people were killed South of Tobruk, attacked by a fleet of 9 companies, at a booster station owned by the Arabian Gulf Oil Company (Agoco), at approximately 11am on April 22.
- A new team of guards have been sent to this station to secure it.